Taking Ufo Out Of Crochet
It's UFO Sunday and today I've picked up a wonderful little project for Tunisian Crochet:I've been learning Tunisian Crochet from THIS CLASS ON CRAFTSY WITH JENNIFER HANSEN. In truth, this wasn't a UFO - or at least the first washcloth wasn't. I started the project and worked steadily through while following along with the classes. But then I still had a pretty big ball of yarn left over in the end, just enough for a second washcloth. Hmmm....I could just leave that ball of yarn alone, but after three days of sitting on my desk I decided that leaving it was as good as creating a new UFO, and I can't have that!So the second washcloth is in production and I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying tunisian crochet. It kind of a weird hybrid between knitting and crochet, both crafts I love, but for some reason this seems much faster.I plan to do more crochet and knitting this year, but always with one clear goal - no new UFOs. I've known how to crochet and knit since I was around 12 years old, but I hardly ever finished anything. In 2013 I really want to turn over a new leaf with these crafts and begin making beautiful, lightweight garments like THIS BUTTERFLY WRAP.I figure if I can stick with a quilt through more than a year of tedious hand stitching, I should be able to crochet a sweater in a few weeks!So that's what I'm working on this Sunday. What UFOs are you tackling? Any UFO resolutions for next year?It's hard to believe we only have 2 more weeks until the end of this year. Between now and then I'm going to take a good look at my remaining UFOs and ask a serious question - DO I REALLY REALLY WANT TO FINISH THIS?I'm going to honestly answer that question and if I really don't want to finish a project, I plan to send it to one of OUR AWESOME TAKE-ANYTHING UNFINISHED CHARITIES. Life is simply too short to spend it working on a project that isn't working, if you get what I mean!Let's go quilt,Leah Day

Credit: paranormal-factor.blogspot.com