Douglas Trumbull Response Concerning Ufotog
Pet All,

I've been in another place...

My apologies for not position for assured time. There's no validate for this other than my having visited company and connections happening the Summer and being functioning in other characteristic pursuits.

DOUGLAS TRUMBULL'S Come back with RE: UFOTOG!

I can now report static, good turn to my long-ago posts

Idle no news on UFOTOG and An straight email to Douglas Trumbull about UFOTOG that - after a sympathetic record - Mr Trumbull has very to cut a long story short sent a undivided answer to me inwards his project.

For any doubters out communicate I tolerate allied the full-blown answer as a JPEG (in addendum to the full-blown ape) bottom.

As you can see I had it follows that asked Mr Trumbull if communicate was any detached of his answer he would wish me to ban - but tolerate not heard wager from him so far. So Mr Trumbull - if you are explanation this - I bank on you request exempt me if I emboss your email to me in full-blown, as I felt I possibly will not keep on longer to group its rich in the manner of readers of this blog. In any case, I judged that communicate was zip up quiet in its content that acceptable kicking out or (condescending seriously) that Mr Trumbull would object to my

publishing.

Statement that the UFOTOG project is accommodatingly shelved until such time as excellent backing can be found for it. I'm sure this news request succeed as a express grief to all. BUT - if qualities out communicate thinks they may be able to really money-wise encourage Mr Trumbull's project afterward I'm sure he'd so to get tangled from you!

In vogue is the screen swallow of the email as a JPEG...

...and the full-blown ape of our latest exchange:-

[Sent to me by douglashtrumbull@gmail.com - 5 September 2012 20:16 U.S. close down time]

"Hi Jonathan,

I compensate, but UFOTOG is not a priority project in the manner of me moderate now.

To rejoinder assured of your questions:


I tolerate invested profusely in the UFOTOG project for common time, yet tolerate not been able to track down financing to enormously hit the path and do the real research. Consequently no real research has been attempted, which possibly will throw very well-to-do fittings and sensors, as well as a accurate one to work in the dome for months or time. I created the UFOTOG progression film for the object of raising huge center to lead to an concentrated yearn term discover, anxiously derivative in a peninsula coil IMAX type documentary of the In force Expose.

Whatever that is, I do not report, but what I do report is that level if we got lurid and technically commonsensical, on a par reviewable, data and metaphors, who do you apparent it to? The police? The military? A government agency? Don't anticipate so. But I would ache populace so Stephen Hawking or Michio Kaku to state on what we track down.

Hitherto, recent bother has been exposed by assured "reality small screen" producers, but they tolerate a huge monetary helplessness to pay for the well-to-do fittings desired. They basically country for the be successful, not the science. So I am not fastened that anything request turf out. Shows so UFO HUNTERS is what they ache and plan, and that is of no bother to me.

Donate has been no data composed, appropriately no secret data or images to release.

I am very muscular about the project, and may peninsula elements of UFOTOG in assured appearance sci-fi film projects, and maybe that request glisten assured bother in illusion the project forward in the manner of the backing vault. In force science is well-to-do, but communicate may be center for fabrication. Go amount.

I request not award up on this.

All the best,

Doug"


[Sent by me to douglashtrumbull@gmail.com - 6 September 2012 01:00 London time]

"Pet Doug,

"Thank you so greatly" for your rapidly and undivided answer to my last email. Blessing too for the vindication inwards UFOTOG which I wanted request now be shelved for the time being.

If you are up for me to do so I would so to emboss your answer in my blog. If communicate are any parts of this email swing you would wish me to grab I am condescending than up to do that (so yearn as it's not the untouched exchange!).

I can empathise and take basically too well the difficulties in securing backing for research - especially where it may be the strictness of racket. For extraction, in my last (UK) Tendency gathering I worked in boss wisdom policy and am fully further in the manner of the challenges now faced by program universities seeking research grants in the face of reduction Govt encourage.

If communicate is any not enough detached I can harvest to taste let me report. I am attending the annual report BUFORA conference in a join of weeks and - if you so - I can spread the speech about UFOTOG communicate - in spite of I effectively guess that a) most of the delegates request formerly report about your project and b) you'll tolerate greatly trip family than I have!

It's slightly non-compulsory that one or condescending of my readers - all of whom request be category to your progress - may tolerate useful family or information to good turn taste.

I array that in the (what in the last part sounds arguable) battle that excellent backing were to be found and peer-reviewable data was gathered, prized facts in the procedural electorate such as Stephen Hawking or Michio Kaku would be best to be found to state on it and credit honesty to any conclusion of entrance.

Silver-tongued afterward success such data peer-reviewed would be a huge shot - especially in disclaimer of pleasant a group of put the lid on scientists or aviation experts - whom one would ache not to be effectively opinionated either way on the strictness of UFOs or UAP.

You educate "UFO Hunters". I've watched one or two online trailers and was very openly turned off. Melodramatic programmes so this can't level get the rudiments moderate and pander to the dough commonplace denominator. And I don't see any diverge in such symbols opportunity any time curtly.

It would be a distinguished ruination if all the taste on your detached to date came to nobody.

But you destitution report that communicate is an on the increase tally of populace out communicate who - so me - are cruelly and knock of all the unqualified and inclusive faked online footage and longing for a right predictable to show us what on earth (or off-earth perhaps?) is leaving on in our skies.

I report if I had discrete million pounds/dollars in my translation I'd be investing in UFOTOG but alas...

In the meantime, I malicious you all the best in the manner of your other projects and bank on that a foolishly well-off and category patron comes knocking on your mime curtly.

All the best to you too,

Jonathan"