Dan Ufo Sighting
I was fifteen, living in my hometown just south of Flint, Michigan. About midnight, on an average summer night, I was laying in my bedroom reading when I noticed a really crisp, bright light moving very slowly from west to east out of my window. I could tell it wasn't a star because it was lower plus it was moving. I would say it was roughly 1/4 mile above the ground, maybe slightly higher, but not by much.I sat up in bed ">As I stood outside watching it, it was so bright, that even that far up I could see the light from it casting on my brothers roof. I could also see within the light that there was solidity to the object. It appeared to have the classic UFO saucer shape although with how bright the light it was emanating, I couldn't make out any definition.It was close enough to me that if it was a plane or helicopter that I would have heard the engine noise but this object gave off absolutely no sound whatsoever as it hovered in the sky.It sat, suspended in the air for some time, then it began moving to the east over a tree line roughly about a mile or so away in the distance. At this point it again floated over the horizon of the trees for a time then began to move slowly down behind the tree line. As far away as I was at this point (again a mile or two) I could still it illuminating the trees as it disappeared behind the horizon.At this point the object was completely out of my view. I just sat there for a while staring in the direction it disappeared. After perhaps 5 minutes or so, I saw a strobe flash of light in the same spot where I saw the object. The closest comparison I've ever been able to give to the flash was the sky looked like heat lightning but it wasn't the whole sky, the flash was from the ground up and fanned out almost like a beacon.I sat outside for another 15 minutes or so watching and never saw anything more. I ran inside, woke up my sister, she came outside, we watched the area it "went down" for quite awhile and we never saw anything more.All the years since, people have asked me what I thought it was. Why I didn't wake anyone up sooner? And how much total time of my sighting.I would say it was an object of an unknown source. It wasn't any known human aircraft that I knew of in the early 80s. I want to say it was an alien spacecraft, but I saw no aliens and have no other proof that it was, but it certainly wasn't a plane, a helicopter or any other aircraft. It wasn't swamp gas, ball lightning or any of the standard debunking explanations because within the bright light, I could make out some kind of solid object.As for waking people up, I was so transfixed with the object that it didn't even occur to me until the bright flash near the end of the experience and I would say in total, the sighting lasted 20 minute or less, then another hour or two I spent watching the area of the flash after the fact before finally going back in the house.-Submitted by Dan ( @TheOtherEstevez )"Have a UFO or ghost sighting you'd like to share? Please send it along to me."